For those of you that don’t know, I am one of the newest members of the Illinois Obesity Society. Which is comprised of doctors, physiologists, psychiatrists, dietitians, and…. me.
This summit is hosted each year to bring together some of the top minds working to cure the obesity epidemic happening in America. Presentations ranged from dietary changes, advances in pharmacology, to exercise prescription.
This episode is a recap of my experience at this event. And I will provide you with some of the takeaways I had from presentations covering…
– Meat-based vs. plant-based diets
– Fitness and physical activity prescription in obesity
– Why diet and exercise isn’t enough and how pharamcotherapy can help
– Disturbances in circadian rhythm: Impacts on obesity
– Evidence-based physiological treatment for obesity